Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Linux

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:07 am 
Site Admin

USB3.0 or USB2.0 cable doesn't affect

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:09 am 

Does following the other tutorial change things, such as its use of ubuntu-mate instead?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:15 pm 

Maybe check that the non-Root user has access to the directories where you installed the Indi download. Sudo chown the user

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:30 am 

maudy wrote:
Does following the other tutorial change things, such as its use of ubuntu-mate instead?

Installing Ubuntu Mate on the Raspberry Pi allows you to install the full indi library and kstars / ekos bleeding via the ppa. Consequentially you can then sudo apt-get update and be assured of using the latest versions. You can also run Ubuntu Mate headless so the graphical GUI is not loaded when the Raspberry Pi starts up.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:43 am 

kcobby wrote:
maudy wrote:

Installing Ubuntu Mate on the Raspberry Pi allows you to install the full indi library and kstars / ekos bleeding via the ppa. Consequentially you can then sudo apt-get update and be assured of using the latest versions. You can also run Ubuntu Mate headless so the graphical GUI is not loaded when the Raspberry Pi starts up.

This is exactly why Ubuntu-mate is used.

The issue is that ASI1600 works fine whether indi_server is run locally or via indi web server, as well as either root or user (pi in this case).

The EFW and ASI224MM-cooled are connected to the ASI1600 USB hub.

When the indi_server is run as root, no issues. When the INDI server is run as pi then the connection errors occur. Moving the 99-asi.rules from lib to etc and reboot has been tried in an attempt to resolve this, and it has not.

For me it is stuck. Recreation of the Ubuntu-mate on SD card was attempted once already. It is not clear what I have a miss.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:10 am 

Is the pi@ user included in the appropriate groups?

Sign in as pi@ and type groups in the command line.

Dialout and plugdev are the important ones I think.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:12 am 

Yes, I believe so:

pi adm dialout cdrom sudo dip video plugdev input lpadmin sambashare spi i2c gpio

Not sure if it matter, updating RPI3's INDI from PPA, always puts the 99-asi.rules and the 99-efw.rules in the /lib/udev/rules.

Oddly, ASI1600MM-c always behaves nicely. It is only the ASI224mc-c and ASI EFW that seem to require the indiserver to be root.

Even when just connecting ASI224mm-c to RPI3 directly, it requires root.

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:28 pm 

Any ideas why root is required?

INDIserver best practises indicate not to run as root.

Even using this image, it is easy to reproduce: http://indilib.org/forum/general/2183-a ... erver.html

To confirm is it not a wiring issues - USB2.0 from RPI3->ASI1600MM-c, then using ASI1600MM-c hub two USB2.0 wires to each of ASIEFW and ASI224mc-c

it would be great to get this resolved!

Thank you

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:15 pm 

Were you able to reproduce the issue?

The issue is easily reproducable using ASI1600mm-c, ASI224mc-c, and ASIEFW on the RPI3 with ubuntu mate. You can use this image https://github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-server/ to test.

The connections are typical: connect ASI1600mm-c directly to the RPI3, and then both the ASI224mc-c and ASIEFW are each connected directly to the ASI1600 hub.

Whether starting indiserver via command line, or via indiWebserver, the only way to get all three working is via root user, which is not preferred or recommended.

To use indiwebserver you will need to edit this file /etc/systemd/system/indiwebmanager.service, and change the astroberry user to root.

Please help correct this. The udev rules were confirmed, and there does not seem to be any options.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 am 
Site Admin

I can't reproduce your problem, I copy the rules to /etc/udev/rules.d/, it works normally on my RPi3.

Board index » Software » Linux