Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Linux

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:38 am 

mcgillca wrote:

I've just been looking at the INDI ASI driver for ccds. In that code, they trap this error and restart the image up to 3 times - might be worth restarting the image on failure and seeing if that works - or do you get failure every time you try and take an image?

Colin

Dear Colin

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in responding. I've been really busy with work...

Yes, I do restart the exposure routine once a failure is detected. It's just that the failures continue. :(

Nikki

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:27 pm 

I had exposure failures on my ASI120MM on Raspberry Pi 3. I use two Ekos/Indi Chained RPI handling 4 USB inputs from my setup. I needed to ensure the RPI running the ASI120mm could provide enough power to the camera by not having two USB powered inputs devices. You could try a powered hub for the camera.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:59 pm 

It's been awhile since I updated this thread. I have finally found time to patch my kernel and it has fixed this problem perfectly. I can now take extremely long exposures using RAW16 with no failures.

This issue was clearly caused by a problem in the compatible firmware.

Regards
Nikki

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:03 am 

Dear Nikki,

Hi - how did you do patch your kernel exactly? Any info gratefully received - I'm now getting good solid 2 or 3 hours worth of 3s exposures, but every now and then I get an error and would like to make this even more stable.

Colin

Board index » Software » Linux