Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Linux

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:10 pm 

I've carried out further testing since my last update, particularly with regard to the image brightness problem.To reiterate, if I carry out an exposure of 1ms straight after the camera has been initialised it will have a brightness value of x. I then capture a 10s exposure before collecting another 1ms exposure. The brightness of this second 1ms is much greater than the first.

This problem can be worked around by closing and reopening the camera beforee every exposure.

Another problem with image brightness seems to happen when an exposure of 5s (probably any exposure length above a certain value) is requested straight after the camera has been opened. An exposure captured like this will be much darker than a 500ms collected after a run of short (say 1ms or 10ms) exposures. By timing the exposures I've discovered that the camera does not actually expose for 5s even though that was requested. The exposure seems to run for 2 or 3s which explains why it is much darker.

It's possible to work around this problem by collecting shorter exposures beforehand.

My main problem now is the corrupt images that seem to happen much more often in the latest version of the firmware. I believe Yang is already investigating this problem, and aside from discovering that it affects short exposures of 20ms or so, I don't have much more to add here that might help.

Regards
Simon

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 pm 

Just checking whether there is any update on the corrupt frame problem. Of the issues I listed earlier in the thread. It only seems to occur on short exposures (less than 1s). Also, every so often exposures appear very underexposed. This only seems to happen on long exposures (more than 5s), and the actual exposure does take the correct amount of time to complete. However, when the image is viewed it is very underexposed and would appear to only represent 0.5s or so of actual exposure.

Regards
Simon

Board index » Software » Linux