Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Products » Cameras

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:22 pm 

mikeskor wrote:
After reading these threads, I am no longer surprised that my new Asus Zenbook does not recognize the ASI120MC-S. These cameras appear not to be compatible with a number of computers and USB3.0 ports. They should not even be on the market until the compatibility bugs are worked out. At the very least, vendors should post a list of computers that these cameras ARE compatible with to avoid unpleasant surprises. I, for one, am going to attempt to return this camera to Highpoint Scientific where I bought it.

I,TOTALLY AGREEE WITH THIS I THINK IT IS AN UTTER DISGRACE THEAT THESE THINGS ARE NOT SORTED BEFORE UNLEASHING ON THE PUBLIC, PEOLPE SPEND HARD EARNED MONEY AMD FOR WHAT, NOTHING BUT HEADACHES....

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:33 am 

mikeskor wrote:
After reading these threads, I am no longer surprised that my new Asus Zenbook does not recognize the ASI120MC-S. These cameras appear not to be compatible with a number of computers and USB3.0 ports. They should not even be on the market until the compatibility bugs are worked out. At the very least, vendors should post a list of computers that these cameras ARE compatible with to avoid unpleasant surprises. I, for one, am going to attempt to return this camera to Highpoint Scientific where I bought it.

this is a problem of USB3.0 Host. many old USB3.0 host is not compatible with new USB3.0 device especially these high speed device.
so we can only list the uncompatible model here

Even Point Grey have such problem too
http://www.ptgrey.com/tan/10359

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:15 am 

Sam wrote:
mikeskor wrote:

this is a problem of USB3.0 Host. many old USB3.0 host is not compatible with new USB3.0 device especially these high speed device.
so we can only list the uncompatible model here

Even Point Grey have such problem too
http://www.ptgrey.com/tan/10359

So,you are saying my Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller is old?.
It a brand new laptop and the driver is from February this year, so how is that old
You need to get your facts right and stop blaming old kit when it is obviously badly written drivers on your part...get your act together and stop,taking people's money under false pretences..

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:56 am 

AstroOlly wrote:
So,you are saying my Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller is old?.
It a brand new laptop and the driver is from February this year, so how is that old
You need to get your facts right and stop blaming old kit when it is obviously badly written drivers on your part...get your act together and stop,taking people's money under false pretences..

Hi Olly
this reply is for mikeskor and I don't know what's your host controller
I know you feel disappointed and depressed when such problem happen
but don't hesitate contact us through email if you cannot solve it alone
email is the fastest way for us to communicate and solve the problem

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:18 pm 

Hi,

I've been testing this camera on mac only. USB3. ASI120MM-S.
I used PHD2, Astroimager with Indi server. With each of them, saving to FITS and reading the values in any FITS viewer, and looking at histograms, is showing me intensities clipped to 255, and yet the camera ADC is 12 bits. So why are the values saturating at 255 like it had an 8-bit sensor and not at 4095?
I don't have a windows computer, but did anyone have a look at saturating intensity values ? Could someone deny or confirm that on Windows, with other software (firecapture or else), the intensity is ranging within [0-4095] or [0-255] ?

Thanks

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:11 am 

octopode wrote:
Hi,

I've been testing this camera on mac only. USB3. ASI120MM-S.
I used PHD2, Astroimager with Indi server. With each of them, saving to FITS and reading the values in any FITS viewer, and looking at histograms, is showing me intensities clipped to 255, and yet the camera ADC is 12 bits. So why are the values saturating at 255 like it had an 8-bit sensor and not at 4095?
I don't have a windows computer, but did anyone have a look at saturating intensity values ? Could someone deny or confirm that on Windows, with other software (firecapture or else), the intensity is ranging within [0-4095] or [0-255] ?

Thanks

there should be options for you to select RAW8 or RAW16 format
you can ask the author of AstroImager where to select

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:49 pm 

I really wish that I had read the Zwo forum before I ordered my ASI120MM-s and ASI120MC-s cameras.
They are in the mail and will arrive tomorrow. After reading the very positive reviews for the ASI120MM
(slow)? camera what could be wrong with new,faster better upgrade, right? I hope the driver issue has been resolved, if not I will be very pissed off. But my fault for not reading reviews on (better) product.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:41 pm 

Sam wrote:
HI Eric
you'd better use the latest FC2.4 beta 05
FC2.2 is too old

usb 2.0 is not wide enough to operate 2 cameras at the same time
and ASI120MM may affect if you plugin the ASI120MC-S at the same time

so you can try connect ASI120MM alone and test

I have run the ASI1600MM Cool, ASI120MC-S and ASI120MC all at the same time through a hub (USB2) in the following configuration
ASI120MC = Guiding and plugged into the ASI1600MM Cool
ASI120MC - S = All Sky Cam mode plugged into the hub
ASI1600MM = plugged into the hub

All three worked perfectly for the entire nights imaging

BUT

I haven't been able to get it to work again since :-( The one thing I changed was plugging the all sky cam into the pc instead of the hub - I'm going to retry my original configuration shortly to see if I can get it working again

One note is that I was taking very short exposures with the ASI1600MM (high usb load?) and long exposures with the ASI120's (3 sec in PHD2 and up to 36 sec on the all sky cam)

So it looks like it can work but as Sam says if the usb traffic gets too high maybe that's a problem

Would be cool to get them all working together but not that important

David

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:20 am 

Hello guys,
As I had many problems with my QHY5L-II color for autoguiding I decided to sell it and buy an ASI 120MM-S. Thinking that to have same brand products on my setup will help me to find serenity.
I use the 120MM-S it on connected to a INDI driven ODROID box.
I tried it yesterday for the first time. And I have the symptoms that are described by many on the INDI forum. The camera looped, or not, depending on undefined conditions. And this is not a question of guiding software because the result was the same with PHD2 or EKOS. So it looks to be a problem of driver.
Whatever the camera is connected to a hub or directely to the ODROID µdevice the result remain the same.
I begin to feel desperate. When I think that a problem is fixed an other one appeared.

What can it be done to help me to find serenity again ?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:12 am 

patrick-81 wrote:
Hello guys,
As I had many problems with my QHY5L-II color for autoguiding I decided to sell it and buy an ASI 120MM-S. Thinking that to have same brand products on my setup will help me to find serenity.
I use the 120MM-S it on connected to a INDI driven ODROID box.
I tried it yesterday for the first time. And I have the symptoms that are described by many on the INDI forum. The camera looped, or not, depending on undefined conditions. And this is not a question of guiding software because the result was the same with PHD2 or EKOS. So it looks to be a problem of driver.
Whatever the camera is connected to a hub or directely to the ODROID µdevice the result remain the same.
I begin to feel desperate. When I think that a problem is fixed an other one appeared.

What can it be done to help me to find serenity again ?

I think our USB3.0 cameras works well under linux and arm-linux
did you use the latest version of INDI?
you can email us directly if you have any problem

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Products » Cameras