Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Products » Cameras




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am
Posts: 2352
JoachimH wrote:
Hello,

I registered as a new member in this forum since I bought my new ASI071 in July this year and, as many others, got promptly problems with dewing.
Now, its my first test to dry the camera with the additional 2 tablets and the tube and I will figure out, how long it takes before I get new dewing problems.
One question to the community:
Is it a problem, to use the camera with continuously mounted tube + tablets?

Best regards
Joachim


NO, you can always attach it

_________________
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 5
Hi Sam,

could you help me with this one - did some testing with the new ASI071mc (now with USB 3.0), and have some "stripes" on the left hand side of the fits picture. I was cooling down to -10 degree Celsius, at high humidity (it is autumn over here). Could that be a problem with "dewing"? I checked the lenses, but they look fine, no dust or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Helge


Attachments:
Light_047.jpg
Light_047.jpg [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 489 times ]
Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:30 am
Posts: 46
HelgeMK wrote:
Hi Sam,

could you help me with this one - did some testing with the new ASI071mc (now with USB 3.0), and have some "stripes" on the left hand side of the fits picture. I was cooling down to -10 degree Celsius, at high humidity (it is autumn over here). Could that be a problem with "dewing"? I checked the lenses, but they look fine, no dust or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Helge


Helge if you are referring to the dark stripes that looks like dewing. You can try cooling down slower or waiting until it dissipates.

B


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am
Posts: 2352
yes, it looks like dew on sensor

_________________
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:30 am
Posts: 46
Hi Sam

any update on the upgrade for existing 071 owners?

thanks

B


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am
Posts: 2352
bvalente wrote:
Hi Sam

any update on the upgrade for existing 071 owners?

thanks

B


we are going to release at next week

_________________
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:57 pm
Posts: 4
Ok thank you Sam.

As you said, if the new ASI071 (V2 ?) will be in general availability next week,

Could you tell us, in what the new sealing consist ?
More dessicant ? better case ? Greater seal on the sensor card (solder/other) ?

i need to contact my local dealer to perform the upgrade ?
Could you give us a hint on the public upgrade price ?

Thank you,
HoxCa


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:30 am
Posts: 46
Yes please. any details?


Brian


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am
Posts: 2352
Here is it
https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/pr ... 071mc-pro/

_________________
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ASI071mc Dewing
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:33 am
Posts: 1
JoachimH wrote:
Hello,

I registered as a new member in this forum since I bought my new ASI071 in July this year and, as many others, got promptly problems with dewing.
Now, its my first test to dry the camera with the additional 2 tablets and the tube and I will figure out, how long it takes before I get new dewing problems.
One question to the community:
Is it a problem, to use the camera with continuously mounted tube + tablets?

Best regards
Joachim


Hello Joachim,

I use my ASI071MC-Cool with mounted tube + silica gel orange grains. When icing returns, the orange has turned into "no colour" and I heat the grains in my oven back to orange. That was necessary once a month. So I will upgrade to the ASI071MC Pro hoping the sealing of the new camera body is better.

Best regards
Detlef


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Products » Cameras


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: