Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Products » Cameras

Post subject: Problems with Zwo 1600
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:16 pm 

I just got the cooled ZWO 1600 colour camera.
I am having some problems.
firstly having installed the drivers , sharpcap keeps falling over when trying to capture from the 1600. Mostly it starts out fine and then within 30 seconds it freezes up. I have an older Zoo 1200 camera and this works fine every time.
What should I do?

I also tried using OA capture which worked fine with both cameras. but the Avi files outputted by OA capture can't be inputted into Registax. Any solution to this?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:50 pm 

Hi Phil, I had these problems with these two programs and was told that it could be that the files produced by the 1600 are huge and may be too big for Sharpcap and Registax to cope with. I then tried Firecapture and Autostakkert and found that the problem didn't occur. It may have been something completely different but maybe give it a go, nothing to loose really.
Just as an aside, I've been using Startools for some time with a Canon 40D with some success, but trying to process a 192,000Kb autosaved file from the 1600 makes Startools give up the ghost half way through. It could be coincidental but I reckon that file size is about as innocent as the man on the grassy knoll.
Pip

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:42 am 

You can put it in Autostakkert 2.6.8 or higher version to stack avi videos.

mottoļ¼š
Don't face one's fate, can't be a real man;
Don't know manners, can't be gentle;
Don't know meaning behind the words, can't understand man's heart.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:11 am 

piprees wrote:
Hi Phil, I had these problems with these two programs and was told that it could be that the files produced by the 1600 are huge and may be too big for Sharpcap and Registax to cope with. I then tried Firecapture and Autostakkert and found that the problem didn't occur. It may have been something completely different but maybe give it a go, nothing to loose really.
Just as an aside, I've been using Startools for some time with a Canon 40D with some success, but trying to process a 192,000Kb autosaved file from the 1600 makes Startools give up the ghost half way through. It could be coincidental but I reckon that file size is about as innocent as the man on the grassy knoll.
Pip

I have tried to download fire capture. But when I start it , it says windows cannot find .bat
any ideas on how to fix this?

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.09.45.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.09.45.png [ 191.39 KiB | Viewed 231 times ]
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:05 pm 

Yes, I seem to remember a problem with loading and/or opening it. I downloaded it to my downloads folder and opened it from there. It did take some time but I got there in the end. There's a pretty good tutorial on you tube, "Using Firecapture" by planetary imaging. Either that, or you could try one of Chuck's Astro tutorials. He's pretty good and to the point.
Best of luck,
P.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:20 am 

you need to run "Firecapture_ASI"

Board index » Products » Cameras