Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Products » Cameras

Post subject: Re: Clever Design?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:10 am 

premk19 wrote:
Ross, thanks for the detailed explanation. It makes sense to me now. You're right, I misunderstood your point.

I have the same adapter you mentioned - the adjustable one. I wanted to use it with my ASI071 which has 17.5mm sensor distance as well. I was able to set the adapter length to 30mm, and including my 3mm thick filter inside, the effective length was 46.5mm. I was able to focus to infinity without any problems. But I did have bad tilting issue, so I stopped using it.

Is the adapter cause tilting issue?

we sold hundreds of this adapter and it must can reach focus with Nikon lens

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:08 pm 

Sam wrote:
premk19 wrote:
Ross, thanks for the detailed explanation. It makes sense to me now. You're right, I misunderstood your point.

I have the same adapter you mentioned - the adjustable one. I wanted to use it with my ASI071 which has 17.5mm sensor distance as well. I was able to set the adapter length to 30mm, and including my 3mm thick filter inside, the effective length was 46.5mm. I was able to focus to infinity without any problems. But I did have bad tilting issue, so I stopped using it.

Yes it must be the adapter. I can reach focus no problem, but stars in corners are bad and are slightly out of focus. I do not get this issue with the same lens on my D5300 dslr.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:19 am 

premk19 wrote:
Sam wrote:
premk19 wrote:

Yes it must be the adapter. I can reach focus no problem, but stars in corners are bad and are slightly out of focus. I do not get this issue with the same lens on my D5300 dslr.

maybe camera?
usually adaper should not have such issue

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:04 pm 

Very unlikely. I have used the camera on two other refractors and it works fine. No tilting visible. I think the weak point in the adapter is where the lens connects. It never felt as secure as it does on my Nikon DSLR.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:05 am 

Hello Premk19,
You are lucky that you can achieve focus. Maybe your filter is physically thinner than my standard 2" filters.
The tilt maybe because you are not screwing the front part of the adapter fully into the back part of the adapter because of the thickness of the filter.
The solution is to extend the adapter more. This will solve the tilt problem but then you may have my problem of the adapter being too long.
A temporary solution is to use a 1.25" filter screwed into the nosepiece of the ASI 1600 thereby not requiring a 2" filter in the Nikon T adapter.

Good luck.

Ross.

Board index » Products » Cameras