Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Products » Cameras

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:32 pm 

In all cases i can't get this camera this year, so i will wait until next year, in all cases i will buy a planetary scope next year, so no need to rush about this camera, i was planning to buy 224MC and 290MC for planetary, but with this camera i think i don't need both, this camera will be like a combination of both i hope.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:27 pm 

TareqPhoto wrote:
In all cases i can't get this camera this year, so i will wait until next year, in all cases i will buy a planetary scope next year, so no need to rush about this camera, i was planning to buy 224MC and 290MC for planetary, but with this camera i think i don't need both, this camera will be like a combination of both i hope.

Here it is :

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/commerce/pro ... f=mentions

Albéric

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:11 pm 

XS_MAN wrote:
TareqPhoto wrote:

Here it is :

Albéric

Thank you very much!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 pm 

New test : planetary nebula NGC 6905 ;)

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7565

Albéric

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:46 pm 

Better version of NGC6905 : ;)

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7575

Albéric

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 pm 

Pity, i wanted to see planets images from this camera, but i only see DSO images :(

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:51 pm 

I just purchased this camera Dec 5 2017. I want to use it along side my ASI290MM and also use it to align my ADC. Mars is going to be super close this summer and I hope this camera works well with my C11. Thoughts?

Ben

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:46 am 

Weather conditions are very bad and impossible to go on with further tests.

Here I added an "old" picture of Janssen with ASI 385 :

privateer wrote:
I just purchased this camera Dec 5 2017. I want to use it along side my ASI290MM and also use it to align my ADC. Mars is going to be super close this summer and I hope this camera works well with my C11. Thoughts?
Ben

Hello Ben,

Of course ASI 385 will be perfect for Mars. Use ROI (Region of Interest) to reduce the size of image and increase the frame rate. Mars is a shiny planet and supports 250 to 300 fps with F/D ratio 20 to 25 and a high gain.

Albéric

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:58 am 

XS_MAN wrote:
Weather conditions are very bad and impossible to go on with further tests.

Here I added an "old" picture of Janssen with ASI 385 :

privateer wrote:
Ben

Hello Ben,

Of course ASI 385 will be perfect for Mars. Use ROI (Region of Interest) to reduce the size of image and increase the frame rate. Mars is a shiny planet and supports 250 to 300 fps with F/D ratio 20 to 25 and a high gain.

Albéric

Nice result!

What about another planets such as Jupiter and Saturn and Venus? Uranus maybe? is this camera much capable than 290 and 224 for those?

I don't care much about its noise performance as i won't use this camera or alike for DSO, i want only planetary or Solar/Lunar camera, i mean Solar system, sure if it is a big brother of 224 then it is capable for that, but how much better is what i think about.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:21 pm 

Quote:
Nice result!
What about another planets such as Jupiter and Saturn and Venus? Uranus maybe? is this camera much capable than 290 and 224 for those?
I don't care much about its noise performance as i won't use this camera or alike for DSO, i want only planetary or Solar/Lunar camera, i mean Solar system, sure if it is a big brother of 224 then it is capable for that, but how much better is what i think about.

Hi Tareq,

One night, I planned to test ASI 385 on Uranus and Neptune but clouds
came quickly and session was finished !

From my experience on both ASI 185 and ASI 224 plus these tests on Moon/bright DSO,
I'm sure that ASI 385 will be a great choice for planetary use. Both for RVB color
images or for Infra-Red imaging with an Ir-pass filter. And good for all planets as it's
possible to chose between large field (Jupiter and Saturn with their moons) or very
close field (using ROI for Mars, Venus, Uranus, Nepture).

Albéric

Board index » Products » Cameras