Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Products » Feature Requests




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 14
Was hoping and wondering if there is a likely chance for ZWO to be creating their own software for their camera. More interested in the DSO capturing side of things. A software to capture, stack, focus, dither, plate solve and cooling supported like other big brands do and ship it out for free with their cameras.

Thanks


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:17 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am
Posts: 2349
This is in our plan list
but I am not sure the first version will be so powerful ;)

_________________
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 14
That is really good news. Not going to tell any one but what would be the eta on this? *wink*


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:15 pm
Posts: 483
Nebulosity already has (nearly) everything. I use it for DS imaging since Meade DSI III Pro times ;)

Software development isn't quick nor cheap. If you rush it you will get a terrible UI and unstable operations.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:54 pm
Posts: 9
Location: UK
riklaunim wrote:
Nebulosity already has (nearly) everything. I use it for DS imaging since Meade DSI III Pro times ;)

Software development isn't quick nor cheap. If you rush it you will get a terrible UI and unstable operations.


Yes I thought so too but the latest Neb 4 won't run with my ZWO ASI174. Apparently a fix is due from Stark??

_________________
Chris. ASI 174 MM 2.0; ASI 290 MC Cool; Lunt 60; Celestron 9.25" SCT.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:24 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am
Posts: 2349
Owmuchonomy wrote:
riklaunim wrote:
Nebulosity already has (nearly) everything. I use it for DS imaging since Meade DSI III Pro times ;)

Software development isn't quick nor cheap. If you rush it you will get a terrible UI and unstable operations.


Yes I thought so too but the latest Neb 4 won't run with my ZWO ASI174. Apparently a fix is due from Stark??


there is beta version should fixed it

_________________
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:08 am
Posts: 47
SharpCaps new annual license fee.?

A bit of bad news here SharpCap will be charging a annual fee. I started using SharpCap with my first ZWO camera and it seems to work very well, SharpCap was free but now SharpCap wants to charge an annual fee for a license. Now maybe a one time reasonable license purchase would work like some of the other camera control programs... but a continuous annual fee.. I don't think so that will definitely not work for me.. I'm not paying a annual fee. I probably would pay a one-time license fee because I like the program. I will be moving on to another camera control program if this happens.

http://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/premium

I prefer not to get my finances involved with a monthly or annual fee license for a camera control program especially with foreign currency.. Why don't SharpCap also offer the option to purchase a one time license.. like some of the other camera control programs.?

Al Bates


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:02 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am
Posts: 2349
AL Bates wrote:
SharpCaps new annual license fee.?

A bit of bad news here SharpCap will be charging a annual fee. I started using SharpCap with my first ZWO camera and it seems to work very well, SharpCap was free but now SharpCap wants to charge an annual fee for a license. Now maybe a one time reasonable license purchase would work like some of the other camera control programs... but a continuous annual fee.. I don't think so that will definitely not work for me.. I'm not paying a annual fee. I probably would pay a one-time license fee because I like the program. I will be moving on to another camera control program if this happens.

http://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/premium

I prefer not to get my finances involved with a monthly or annual fee license for a camera control program especially with foreign currency.. Why don't SharpCap also offer the option to purchase a one time license.. like some of the other camera control programs.?

Al Bates


there is free version too

_________________
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Products » Feature Requests


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: