Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Windows

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:26 pm 

I am trying to set up LuSol-Guider (solar autoguider from http://www.oc-lab.fr/) with my ASI120MM. LuSol uses DirectShow and I have ZWO DirectShow 2.0.1.9 installed on Win10/64.

LuSol has a button to examine the ASI120's settings through DirectShow. There is a ST4 Test tab that should allow me to test each direction with a 100 msec pulse in the four directions. This test reacts to the mouse button press but the Celestron AVX mount does not move or make any motor sound.

LuSol uses ASCOM to control the telescope (mount). It also has a test panel, but none of those button make the mount move either.

I have tested the program with the ASCOM Telescope emulator. LuSol does make the emulator "move" correctly with the direction test buttons. LuSol's "calibration" routine also makes the emulator move.

Do you have any troubleshooting suggestions? Can I use a voltmeter/oscilloscope to see if there is any output at the ST4 output? Are there any software settings that would help the ST4 commands?

ASI120MM - Firmware 3.0, Driver 2,8,12,5
ASCOM 6.2
ASI ST4 Driver 1.0.1.13
ZWO DirectShow driver 2.0.1.9

Thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:15 am 
Site Admin

For 120MM ST4 guiding only works at 8bit output, but with our directshow driver it's already 8bit output, make sure 120MM's ST4 port is connected to your mount firmly, secondly check if camera works normally, can it capture image.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 am 

yang wrote:
For 120MM ST4 guiding only works at 8bit output, but with our directshow driver it's already 8bit output, make sure 120MM's ST4 port is connected to your mount firmly, secondly check if camera works normally, can it capture image.

Yang,

Sorry, I did not mention that the ASI120 video function is working well with DirectShow and LuSol.

The problem is that the ST4 port has no effect on the AVX mount. And to confirm, the ST4 cable being used is the one furnished by ZWO in the ASI120 box.

Andy

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:04 pm 

Yang,

Today I made an RJ12 breakout connector that let me look at each ST-4 signal.

I found that the software was causing each open collector output to go to "ground" when its button was pushed. This happened for every button push through both the test and tracking functions.

Based on this testing, I'm pleased to report that the ASI120MM software is working well with LuSol Guider.

The problem focus has shifted to the AVX mount. The mount is not responding to ST-4 contact closure signals. So, I will take this topic to the Celestron user group.

Thanks for your help!

Board index » Software » Windows