Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Windows

Post subject: Direct show driver
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:31 am 

Hello
I´m running into a exposure time problem with the direct show driver.
If I set the auto exposure range to 60sec, the camera does just 60 millisec maximum exposure time.
Does anyone have an idea, why that is.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Post subject: Re: Direct show driver
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 am 

Maybe it's better to use native or ASCOM driver.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:08 pm 

Thanks for the reply
I would use the native or ascom driver, but I´m using a FTP Webcam software for a All Sky Cam,
It only works with Direct show, and would be very convenient.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:42 am 

our newest SDK extend the unit of max exposure from S to ms
so you should set it to 60000

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:35 am 
Site Admin

You can select the unit to S or MS for auto exposure setting in the latest directshow driver on our website

Attachments:
dshow auto dialog.jpg
dshow auto dialog.jpg [ 21.72 KiB | Viewed 319 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:39 pm 

Thank you very much.
I have it working in the meantime.
Wolfgang

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:55 pm 

I don't want to hijack this thread, but given I'm attempting to accomplish the same thing of an all-sky camera and my problem appears to be related to the DirectShow driver, and this thread is near the top, I'll start here and hope my problem can be resolved as well.

I bought the new ASI290MC, intending to use it to make an all-sky camera. I've looked at a lot of different software, but the one that seems to best fit my initial goal is iSpy Connect. The problem I'm having is that while I can get the ASI290MC configured, when I switch it to auto-exposure, it regularly crashes the application. Trying to do a cold-start (i.e. application already configured and get the camera to come up at the start) it crashes immediately upon loading the camera driver and trying to connect. I've tested with several other apps and while not all of them have crashed (yet), a number of them crash with the same hard fault behavior. Likewise I've tested iSpy with multiple other USB and Ethernet based cameras with no problems, so I have to believe that there's a problem in the ZWO DirectShow driver that's causing the crash. A driver level crash would also explain the hard crash with no additional diagnostic information supplied.

Any chance of getting this fixed? Otherwise, is there another (preferably free) application that does work with the camera and gives me the same flexibility, including auto exposure control, motion detect and capture, time lapse imaging, fully configurable FTP uploading of data, etc.?

Thanks,

Beo

www.orionranchobservatory.com

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:30 am 
Site Admin

I have tested with iSpay briefly, it'll crash no matter auto exposure is set.
I suspect it's compatibility problem, I'll find the point. You can use other application instead, like SharpCap.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:54 am 

Thanks for checking into it and thanks for the suggestion. I started with SharpCap, but unfortunately I didn't see anything in it that would allow me to set up the fully unattended operation of the camera with automatic motion detection, time lapse, upload to my website, etc. I know there's a scripting option available on the paid version, but since they only offer yearly licenses I don't like the idea of having to keep paying to keep my camera going. I also don't really want to be writing a bunch of scripts to do something that iSpy will do automatically. If I wanted to write my own code I'd just start from your API, but I don't have that kind of time to spend on this. I have plenty of more interesting projects to work on! :D Hopefully you can fix your driver to resolve the crashes. Please keep me informed since if a solution isn't forthcoming I may need to see about returning this camera and looking for another solution. Given it crashes with several other software packages intended for all-sky cameras that were recommended to me on Cloudy Nights, that's not a promising start to this project. Anything you can do to help get it operating smoothly is appreciated.

Thanks,

Beo

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 pm 

Just wanted to ping this thread and see if there's any progress on the directshow driver crashing iSpy. Either that, or a better alternative with similar capabilities for fully automating an all-sky camera. I'll be placing everything including the host computer (a pc stick) remotely and want it to boot up and start uploading files to the web, etc. automatically without my having to manually set it up every time.

Thanks,

Beo

Board index » Software » Windows