Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Windows

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:51 pm 

I have just received my new ASI1600MM. I installed the ASI and ASCOM drivers. I also bought and installed Nebulosity 4. I have not yet taken the camera out under the night sky. I just have it sitting on my desk, plugged in to my PC via USB, and I am going through the Nebulosity 4 manual. I select ZWO ASI Camera in Camera Control. I verify that Nebulosity is talking to the camera because the main image shows light and dark when I point the camera in various directions and click Preview. So, what is confusing me, at this point, is that if I click on Frame and Focus, the Abort button disappears, all of the menu items become greyed out, and I see no way to get out of this mode. The Close application X button doesn't even work. I have to go into the task manager and kill the process to get out of this mode. I'm thinking I must be missing something really basic, but I don't know what it is.

Please Advise.

Dana

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:02 am 

Upon further investigation, I have found that the problem of not all of the buttons being present in the nebulosity UI does not occur when I tried this on a computer with a large screen. But this is not a solution for me, because I cannot bring a desktop computer out to a star party. The computer that I use for star parties is my laptop with a 10" screen. I may get a larger laptop in the future, but not right now. This seems to be a bug with nebulosity. I don't know whether the problem only occurs in my configuration with the ASI1600, or if with other configurations. But it seems very clumsy on the part of Stark Labs. I'm a retired Windows programmer. It's not hard to make a set of buttons, in a panel, display with scroll bars if there isn't enough real estate. Is Nebulosity generally buggy?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi, during exposure, the Abort button is enabled.
If it doesn't work normally, you can directly send email to the developer of Nebulosity

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 am 

you need to select ASCOM instead of ZWO ASI cameras
and use our ASCOM driver

you need to upgrade your nebulosity to 4.1.6 if you wish to use the native support

Board index » Software » Windows