Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Android

Post subject: Re: ASICAP released
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:17 am 

Vincenzo wrote:
jrmcvey wrote:
Vincenzo wrote:
Hi!
If we connect a camera to an Android device, I think the power is not enough to cool the camera, isn't it?
Then can we power the camera through external 12V battery and connect it to an Android device to shoot with cooling? (and in this case the camera should not use USB OTG power)
Because I wish to use it without computer.
Can we schedulde x shoot for long exposure?
It's a little bit worry to see any features in ASICAP if no camera is connected

The camera uses USB power for the sensor and interface circuitry, but it has a separate power inlet for 12VDC for the cooler. In fact, when the ASI1600MC-cooled camera is powered from the 12V cable, it appears to stop drawing power from the USB host (computer or tablet or phone). Therefore, there is no issue having sufficient power from your Android device.

The beauty of ASICAP is there is no need for a computer! You just need a 12V battery for the cooler and maybe a 12V charger for your tablet or phone.

ASICAP has many good features and is being improved all the time.

Enjoy,

John

Thank you very much John, it's exactly what I want to know for using ZWO camera without PC.
But can you control the cooling temperature via ASICAP?

Yes, We can control the cooling temperature via ASICAP.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:56 pm 

Wow, thank you Ray!
OK then it will be my next camera!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:45 pm 

Used this on a Samsung Note 4 with sucess, but I think it pulls too much power and my phone shuts down. I haven't tried it with an external power source yet or provided 12v to the camera (ASI1600MC COOL).

:idea: Sure would be nice to share the andriod screen with a roku or smart TV!! When I seen the share icon I thought that was available. Please put this on a list. I'm sure others would like this as well. I hope to get my Galaxy Tab Pro hooked up soon to test as well.

Two thumbs up!!!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:06 pm 

Just a quick note to say thank you for this app! It works perfectly on the Nexus 5X. I had so much fun doing IR photography with the ASI290MM. This makes the AsiCams even more useful! Great job!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 am 

Works great on my Droid Turbo and ASI224MC.

Just plug and play.
Thanks.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:01 pm 

First off, great software. I am running it on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and it works great with my Android 7.0. I am running a ASI 1600 MM-Cool on it and I can find all the needed features except one, controlling the filter wheel. When I lunch the app it finds both the 1600MM and the EFW. When tap on the preview tab for the EFW it says Invalid Index.
Am I missing something? I can't find the filter wheel option anywhere while running the app. I appreciate any help.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:50 am 

moxican wrote:
First off, great software. I am running it on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and it works great with my Android 7.0. I am running a ASI 1600 MM-Cool on it and I can find all the needed features except one, controlling the filter wheel. When I lunch the app it finds both the 1600MM and the EFW. When tap on the preview tab for the EFW it says Invalid Index.
Am I missing something? I can't find the filter wheel option anywhere while running the app. I appreciate any help.

EFW is not supported by ASICAP. ASICAP mistakenly identifies the EFW as a camera, we have fixed it. Thanks for your feedback.

Board index » Software » Android