Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Mac OS

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:45 pm 

Hi,

So given there are only 3 posts I don't expect the world here, however, here goes.

I cannot connect and see the images within Fire Capture on my Mac running El Capitan for my new ZWO ASI290MM camera. I receive an error in the window where the video should display saying "Capture failed". I have tried unplugging and rebooting. I am running Fire Capture v2.5.11 in Parallels on the Mac. I created the image of Windows from a laptop I have that when I install Fire Capture it works. Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:15 pm 

Hi,

So as with all things, once you write them up you often find the solution. So in case anyone else has the problem the answer is as follows.

The problem was the windows image I created in Parallels was from a PC with USB 2.0. Thus the need for a USB 3 driver. From the Control Centre on Parallels click the configure cog. Then select the Hardware tab from the image window that appears. From there select the USB & Bluetooth option. There is then a twisty for Advanced Settings where USB 3.0 can be selected as a check box. Note that you need to stop the VM first. When you select this option it points you to the following URL to download the USB 3 drivers for Windows.

http://www.parallels.com/support/xhc-drivers

Then install these in the VM and reboot. All should then work.

Thanks

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:40 pm 

Good to know but I have another problem. I have windows 10 pro on my Mac using parallels desktop but with both Firecapture and SharpCap, the software opens but neither recognize my ASI224MC camera. On a PC, Windows has no trouble in recognizing the cameras. Despite not recognizing the cameras, the USB connection says ASI224MC connected to Windows 10. Have you had this problem?

Board index » Software » Mac OS