Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Software » Mac OS

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:20 am 

Running Sierra 10.12.6
New user of SkyX 10.5.0 (Build 10305)
The camera connects fine. I consistently get a 209 error when I click Take Photo in SkyX.
I installed the latest driver from this page https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software/ under DSO Imaging Software. It wasn't clear how to install it, so I followed this topic: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7298. It seemed to install without a problem.
After restarting SkyX, I still consistently get a 209 error when I take a click Take Photo.

I don't know how to proceed further. Any ideas?

Also, I have a USB 2 version of the ASI120MM. I planned to use it for guiding. There are comments about USB 2 cameras not working well with the Mac OS. Is this still correct? I'm have problems choosing both the ASI1600MM for imaging and ASI120MM for guiding within SkyX at the same time. For the above problem, I did not connect the ASI120MM.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:11 pm 

These two problems were resolved by installing the latest daily build: Version 10.5.0 (Build 11012) as suggested by a user on the Software Bisque forum.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Did you try other software like Oacapture and PlantaryImager?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 pm 

yang wrote:

The ASI1600MM is working fine. I can connect with the ASI120MM, but cannot get it to take images. I get the 209 error.

I've downloaded Oacapture. It works with the ASI1600MM but cannot get it working with the ASI120MM. I put the ASI120MM on a Windows machine. It is working.

The ASI120MM is VERY frustrating. The driver seems to be a problem, not just for me, but for others.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:51 pm 

yang wrote:

I've read posts here and tried oacapture too. I could not get the ASI120MM USB 2.0 to work.

I ordered an ASI120MM 3.0. I will see if that solves the problem but reading other posts, this seems to be a problem with your driver.

The ASI1600MM isn't fully working either. If I turn on AutoDark in the Camera Tab of SkyX, SkyX consistently crashes when I try to Image Link to the Fits photo. If I set it to None, it doesn't crash. When I use Auto Calibration in the TPoint Add On, Clicking Run or Take And Image Link Photo, SkyX crashes too.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:58 pm 

craigshelley wrote:
yang wrote:

The ASI1600MM isn't fully working either. If I turn on AutoDark in the Camera Tab of SkyX, SkyX consistently crashes when I try to Image Link to the Fits photo. If I set it to None, it doesn't crash. When I use Auto Calibration in the TPoint Add On, Clicking Run or Take And Image Link Photo, SkyX crashes too.

I have reason to believe it is not the ZWO driver for this problem. More later.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:38 pm 

craigshelley wrote:
craigshelley wrote:
yang wrote:

I have reason to believe it is not the ZWO driver for this problem. More later.

This isn't a problem with ASI1600MM and ZWO driver. It's a problem with SkyX, which I reproduced with the SkyX simulator and reported to them on their forum.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:05 am 
Site Admin

You can try flashing the firmware of 120 to compatible version on Windows with below tool:
http://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software/FWTool.zip

Board index » Software » Mac OS