Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Products » Accessories

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:57 pm 

I recently bought an ASI1600MM-C + EFW8 + filter set via High Point Scientific.

The first night, everything worked flawlessly, and I took several test images with various filters.

The second night (yesterday) however, EFW8 is not responding (I am using SGP) :cry: . When trying to set any filter (I can tell Lum is set because I can take images by selecting "no filter", but the software doesn't) SGP just hangs and aborts. I can hear a faint whirring from the EFW8 but nothing apparently happens.

I can see message from Windows that EFW8 is connected (displays when I plug the USB2.0 cable in). I'm using the direct connection from the ASI1600's built-in USB2.0 hub. I tried two different cables with no difference.

I know the EFW8 is under warranty, but not sure whom to address--all I could find was this forum. I have a big star party coming up around Memorial Day and would be very unhappy if I can't use my EFW8.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:54 pm 

stelios_t@yahoo.com wrote:
I recently bought an ASI1600MM-C + EFW8 + filter set via High Point Scientific.

The first night, everything worked flawlessly, and I took several test images with various filters.

The second night (yesterday) however, EFW8 is not responding (I am using SGP) :cry: . When trying to set any filter (I can tell Lum is set because I can take images by selecting "no filter", but the software doesn't) SGP just hangs and aborts. I can hear a faint whirring from the EFW8 but nothing apparently happens.

I can see message from Windows that EFW8 is connected (displays when I plug the USB2.0 cable in). I'm using the direct connection from the ASI1600's built-in USB2.0 hub. I tried two different cables with no difference.

I know the EFW8 is under warranty, but not sure whom to address--all I could find was this forum. I have a big star party coming up around Memorial Day and would be very unhappy if I can't use my EFW8.

Never mind--not ZWO's fault. I found the problem. I had put a 1.25" mounted filter in the 8th slot--this worked fine the first time, but the 2nd time I purchased a Baader 29-56mm variable spacer to connect my field flattener at the appropriate distance. This spacer has a *longer* thread that protruded enough into the FW space to hit the *mounted* filter...

Removing the mounted filter fixed the issue and the EFW8 now works again. Sorry about the false alarm.

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:13 am 

good news

Board index » Products » Accessories